CompTIA Security+(SY0-501) Crash Course
Pearson Live Virtual Training
Security+ is one of the most popular security certifications in the IT industry and is usually the first that IT professionals attempt. It is a three-year renewable certification that is required by the DoD and other government agencies, not to mention many corporations. The Security+ exam shows employers that a person has developed a foundation of the necessary skills needed to secure applications, computers and networks in the workplace.
This live training course will cover the SYO-501 exam. It is designed to give you the information you need to pass the exam and start your successful career as a security professional.
This Live Virtual Training is for:
- Learners who are studying for and need to pass the Security+ exam
- Professionals working in a company or organization that requires a CompTIA Security+ certification
- Professionals who want to increase their security awareness as it applies to tools, technologies, and secure design.
- Professionals who wish to bolster their resume with the addition of the highly-sought after Security+ certification.
You will learn:
- Explore security threats, attacks and vulnerabilities, and how to defend against and prevent these from occurring.
- Understand how security technologies and tools function. For example, firewalls, proxies, NAC, NIDS/NIPS, DLP, protocol analyzers, network scanners, and much more.
- Learn about security architecture and design including concepts such as defense-in-depth, benchmarking, industry-standard frameworks, secure network design, and secure systems design.
- Compare and contrast various identity and access management technologies such as single sign-on and federation, and LDAP, Kerberos, MS-CHAP, NTLM, plus access control models such as MAC, DAC, ABAC, and RBAC.
- Examine risk management as it applies to security and technology. Summarize incident response and computer forensics.
- Discover cryptography and public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Explore exam-taking tips and techniques.
There are no official prerequisites for this course. However, attendees are expected to have a basic knowledge of computers and computer networking. CompTIA does not require any pre-requisites, but they recommend a minimum of two years’ experience in IT administration with a focus on security.
*Note – Live virtual training is a crash course intended to be part of a candidate's larger study & prep plan toward certification.
- Attendees also need a reliable Internet connection and a web browser.
- There is no additional content needed in advance. Attendees will benefit by having access to a computer lab with multiple systems and networking gear, but this is not required for this training.
David L. Prowse is an author, a computer specialist, and a technical trainer. He loves computer technology, and enjoys sharing with others what he has learned.
Over the past decade, he has authored more than a dozen titles for Pearson including books such as the CompTIA A+ Exam Cram and Security+ Cert Guide, and videos such as the A+ Complete Video Course.
He has more than 20 years of technology experience spanning a variety of roles, and tries to share as much of this experience with his readers (and watchers) as possible.
In addition, he has taught many computer courses including CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ to more than 2,000 students, both in the classroom and via the Internet.
He runs a support website for all of his products at www.davidlprowse.com.